03 december, 2008

"Klipp" ur Twilight

I hesitated, my hand on the door handle, trying to prolong the moment.
"Bella?" he asked in a differnet tone - serious, but hesitant.
"Yes?" I turned back to him too eagerly.
"Will you promise me something?"
"Yes," I said, and instantly regretted my unconditional agreement. What if he asked me to stay away from him? I couldn´t keep that promise.
"Don´t go into the woods alone."
I stared at him in blank confusion. "Why?"
He frowned, and his eyes were tight as he stared past me out the window.
"I´m not always the most dangerous thing out there. Let´s leave it at that."
I shuddered slightly at the sudden bleakness iin his voice, but I was relieved. This, at least, was an easy promise to honor.
"Whatever you say."
"I´ll see you tomorrow," he sighed, and I knew he wanted me to leave now.
"Tomorrow, then," I opened the door unwillingly.
"Bella?" I turned and he was leaning toward me, his pale, glorious face just inches from mine. My heart stopped beating.
"Sleep well," he said. His breath blew in my face, stunning me. It was the same exquisite scent that clung to his jacket, but in a more concentrated form. I blinked, thoroughly dazed. He leaned away.
I was unablee to move until my brain had somewhat unscrambled itself. Then I stepped out of the car awkwardly, having to use the frame for support. I thought I heard him chuckle, but the sound was too quiet for me to be certain.

Inga kommentarer: